Rynek nieruchomości w Miami stale rośnie w siłę15-05-2017
Ze swoją szeroką ofertą rekreacyjno-lifestyle’ową oraz drugą najszybciej rozwijającą się gospodarką w USA Miami pozostaje w czołówce najbardziej pożądanych lokalizacji na światowym rynku nieruchomości luksusowych. O potencjale tego rynku rozmawiamy z Izabellą Wilamowską z ONE Sotheby’s International Realty.
- Please tell us a little about yourself, how did you start to work in this industry and what do you most like about living in Miami?
- I joined ONE Sotheby’s International Realty with 20 years of senior management experience in the high-profile international consumer goods and luxury industry including Tiffany & CO. and Cartier. I have lived and worked all over Europe and have traveled extensively implementing luxury brands. When I decided to relocate and settle in the US, I chose Miami looking for a combination of great business potential and quality of life. I understood Miami would be my hub where Miami lifestyle is my brand. This is why I joined Sotheby’s, the most powerful, luxury and internationally established Real Estate company where I can best serve my international clients and large investors in the development or the acquisitions of residential and commercial real estate. I consider luxury being able to live in such a beautiful place and to promote its benefits around the globe.
- How is the current real estate market in Miami?
- As ONE Sotheby’s International Realty 2017 Trends Report highlights, the luxury markets in Miami-Dade saw a decline in the number of transactions across almost all segments in 2016 and pricing was volatile as a result. Some markets gain double digits, some markets lost double digits. Contrary to a slowdown in South American buyers, we note an uptick in domestic, Canadian and European buyers. Remarkably the Miami brand continues to sell worldwide, and long-term trends indicate no reversal in Miami’s fortune as the dominant gateway-city along with NYC and San Francisco. The reduction in South American buyers’ pool is enough for the pricing slightly drop. As a result, now is the time to buy a resale condo in Miami. There will be motivated sellers who understand that if they want to clear the market, it is a buyers’ market in 2017. The pre-construction market will be less engaged in lowering prices because of the high number of pre-contracts and the developers desire to carry remaining units as opposed to devaluing their product. Some developers consider actually raising pricing anticipating that very few new projects are likely to emerge as competition since the spread between new and resale product has narrowed. Buyers who desire a condo in South Florida should consider acting promptly as inventory in all markets almost assures a good deal can be found. Also, there are interesting off-market opportunities for the international investors coming through our International Division at ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. The portfolio gives the choice of the development opportunities or co-investments in the multifamily projects, the hotels as well as the commercial spaces. Working on the entire market and having privileged access to the information we are able to shape the offer to match the criteria and return on investment expectations of every partnering with us investor.
- Can you please share the real estate trends in Miami and the future of luxury residences both in Miami and in general?
- The overall economy remains strong. Florida was only one of four states in 2016 with 3 percent of employment gain. There is no imminent distress in equity or debt markets and the overall mood on forward economic growth is positive. We predict the 2017 will be a better year overall, this assumes sellers understand their neighborhood pricing.
- Why should people buy in Miami?
- Miami is the most international city in the United States. About 51 percent of Miami residents are foreign born. Miami’s concentration of foreign-born residents is more than double the national average of 19 percent. Students at Miami-Dade County Schools, the nation’s fourth largest school district in the U.S. speak 56 different languages and represent over 160 countries. Miami is the 2nd fastest growing economy among large U.S. Cities. Miami’s growing population, startup network, tech industry and new businesses fueled the high rankings. This is the 2nd best place in America to start a business. South Florida finished second behind Austin, Texas. No state income tax. Home to nearly 1,200 multinational companies from 56 nations; more than 100 international consulates, trade offices and bi-national chambers of commerce. Miami has the largest concentration of international banks in the U.S. Miami is the United States’ warmest location in the winter. It is the only major “subtropical” City in the continental U.S. Average temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit / 23 degrees Celsius. Miami is home to the best beaches in the United States. And last but not least, Miami is the 1st America’s cleanest city as ranked by Forbes.
- Why is luxury property in Miami more significant than anywhere else in the US?
- Miami is nr 12 most important city in the world for the Ultra Wealthy. In the United States, only New York and Miami are at the top for where ultra-high-net-worth individuals want to live, work and invest. South Florida’s tax environment, growing tech industry and infrastructure improvements are leading more Americans to relocate to Miami. It is nr 1 top destination for migrating New Yorkers. This is top tourist destination – 12.6 million overnight guests, with 6 million of them international visitors. World aviation hub – 3rd in the U.S. with 33.5 million passengers a year. Top freight airport in the U.S. with 1.8 million tons. Port of Miami is named “Cruise Capital of the World”. Florida remains the top state for international buyers with 21 percent of all foreign purchases in the United States. Miami and Fort Lauderdale account for 50 percent of foreign sales.
Izabella Wilamowska - Global Estate Advisor, International Division ONE Sotheby’s International Realty
TURNBERRY OCEAN CLUB RESIDENCES
Turnberry Ocean Club Residences, Miami’s first ultra-luxury oceanfront tower offering six floors of private amenities. Positioned as the crown jewel of Miami’s most established developer, founded more than 50 years ago, the tower’s unprecedented private amenities are complemented by membership privileges at Turnberry Isle Resort & Country Club (such as golf, tennis and a marina) and priority access to Fontainebleau Aviation’s private aviation services.
ONE THOUSAND MUSEUM BY ZAHA HADID
Designed by famed Pritzker Prize winning architect Zaha Hadid. Unique sculptural exoskeleton design, built and shipped in sections from Dubai. Only 83 fully finished ‘museum quality' residences include Duplex town-homes, Half-floor residences, Full-floor penthouses, and one Duplex-penthouse. 75-foot infinity pool at the crown of the skyscraper is inspired by the London Aquatics Center designed by Zaha for the 2012 Olympics. This is the only residential skyscraper in Miami with a private helipad for residents. One Thousand Museum offers Six Star amenities including indoor/outdoor state-of-the-art wellness center, gardens, sky lounge, bank quality vaults and ultra high-tech security. Rated ‘Top 10 Billionaire Skyscraper Homes’ by Wealth-X Report.